For the Evolutionary Ethics to be acceptable for valid theory, it must answer two
1) how does man distinguish between good and evil, and
2) why should man be good?
The proposals from evolutionary ethicists fall into 4 groups:
1. Human Evolution: natural selection
2. Social Evolution: evolution of
society and its values.
3. Sociobiology: evolution of the
biological basis for ethics and social behavior
4. Meme Theory: evolution of culture.
Adapted from Evolutionary Ethics by Doris Schroeder
Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy